Use an independent benefits calculator to find out:
- what benefits you could get
- how to claim
- how your benefits will be affected if you start work
These are free to use, and completely confidential and anonymous.
Turn2us – for information on income-related benefits, Universal Credit and tax credits – you can also search for welfare grants on this website.
What you’ll need
You’ll need accurate information about your:
- income, including your partner’s income (eg from payslips)
- existing benefits and pensions (including anyone living with you)
- outgoings (eg rent, mortgage, childcare payments)
- council tax bill
Who can’t use them
You can’t use the calculators if you’re under 18, and they won’t give accurate results if you are:
- currently in prison
- a student
- not a British or Irish citizen
- on strike
- living outside the UK
- living permanently in residential care or a nursing home
If this applies to you, speak to a benefits adviser for more information on what you might be entitled to.