To make it easy for staff to find their perfect car-share partners, you can use the free Liftshare database. The database allows you to search for potential car-sharers based on your journeys and location and based on your travel preferences.
How does Liftshare work?
- Portsmouth City Council has its own private group on this secure website so you can search for potential partners
- your email address is kept hidden at all times. The only information that is visible to other users is your 'usually called' name, your smoking preference and the journey details you added
To register on Liftshare:
- visit the Liftshare website http://pcc.liftshare.com
- click the 'Join' button
- on the drop down menu choose 'Portsmouth City Council'
- register using your work-based outlook email, for example email@example.com as this is the only email address that the database will recognise
- enter your journey details
The database will search for potential matches for you and then you can request to be put in touch with them.