Portsmouth City Council is an official ECDL Training Centre accredited by the British Computer Socitey (BCS).
ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence) Extra is an internationally recognised qualification; it is a Level 2 qualification equivalent to GCSE grades A* to C.
ECDL Extra builds on the users basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and improves understanding of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Who should attend / Pre course requirements?
Users of Microsoft Office and those wishing to gain an ECDL qualification. Knowledge of the Windows environment, mouse control and keyboard skills are essential.
The course is offered for FREE if your job is at risk and you are currently in your notice period.
For all other PCC employees there is a partially subsidised registration fee of £100.
For schools staff there is a registration fee of £150.
What will I learn?
ECDL Extra is a fixed combination of the following units:
Develop ability to create word processed documents, entering text, editing and formatting techniques, use graphs, tables and pictures to enhance the professional look of documents, use mail merge.
Develop a working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, enter data, create formula, format worksheets, create charts, produce and print quality document
Use PowerPoint as a means of effective communication within the business environment. Produce high quality presentation using a variety of tools and images within PowerPoint
Improving Productivity Using IT
What can I expect from the course?
- Online coursework and learning accessible from home or in trainer-facilitated workshops
- 1:2:1 Support and guidance from trainer / facilitator in workshops.
- Practice using course materials and consolidation exercises
- Diagnostic assessments for each unit (similar to mock / practice exams)
- Individual unit assessment held in exam conditions
- Achieve 4 credits per unit for a total of 16 credits to gain qualification
- Access to courseware for one year after induction (top up licences are purchaseable if required)
- Unit credits achieved are recognised and transferable through the Qualification and Credit Framework for England for 3 years after completion of the first module.
- BCS will issue a certificate of your achievement once all 4 modules have been passed.
- Review and feedback with trainers/facilitators.
Please email email@example.com with any questions, or to apply.