Reference number - 1612-1934
Location - Portsmouth, Hampshire
Salary - £27,668 - £30,152 plus a market supplement payment
Job type/hours - 12 month secondment/fixed term contract full time
Closing date - 17:00 19th April 2018
Applications received after this may not be considered
What is the role?
You will ensure that the most appropriate solutions are implemented and configured to meet business needs by understanding business practice and future requirements and the capability of PCC’s ICT applications
You will ensure that PCC complies with legislation and policy
You will carry out options appraisals and make recommendations to meet business needs
You will ensure that all changes are managed, tested and that any associated risks are minimised
You will provide general support, advice and guidance to ICT colleagues, to project and system boards and to system users and owners.
Who is the person?
You need to demonstrate tangible evidence of your proven experience and success in the following areas:
- Process Improvement
- Management of change
- Providing fit for purpose customer solutions to time quality and budget
- Managing complex stakeholder relationships
- Creative use of resources to deliver outcomes
- Negotiating value for money
- Influencing positive outcomes by using your excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Leading by example to inspire staff and colleagues
- Identifying and solving complex problems
- Producing and executing credible and feasible plans and solutions
- Implementing and following best practice.
You will be:
- An innovative and creative individual, who is able to bring fresh new ideas to set us apart from others.
- A tenacious and ambitious person with excellent negotiation skills to be able to bring all parties/stakeholders on board.
- An excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills to develop relationships with people at all levels.
- Consistent, supportive, proactive and flexible in the way you deliver
- Positive, and energetic and take pride in your and our success.
- Responsible and accountable for delivery of your personal tasks and outcomes
- A major contributor, committed to team success.
- Committed to delivering exceptional customer service.
You will have skill in the following areas:
- Problem Solving
- Options Appraisal
- Negotiation (e.g. with suppliers)
- Application Lifecycle covering
o Capacity Planning
Required to participate in a team rota to cover the period between 8:00am and 6:00pm
If applying as a secondment you will need permission from your current line manager releasing you for this secondment. Please state you have this on your application form.