The council seeks to support staff, whenever possible, to enjoy a healthy work-life balance. Part of that support may involve offering the opportunity to work flexibly, rather than simply be required to be present during the traditional working day.
The council has produced a ‘Flexi Calendar’ to help staff to calculate their hours.
The Flexible Working Hours Scheme policy can be found on PolicyHub.
Some roles enable staff to claim time off in lieu (TOIL) or overtime if you work beyond your contracted hours. Overtime may be authorised by the line manager for staff up to and including Band 7. In special circumstances, planned overtime can be authorised by the Head of Service for staff in Bands 8 to 15.
The subject is covered in the HR Overtime policy on PolicyHub, with details regarding key subjects such as eligibility, bank holiday working, and emergency overtime.
Claim forms must be completed for an overtime payment to be received
- Full time employee - overtime (EXPD/AH1)
- Part time employee - overtime (EXPD/AH2)
- Casual worker - claim (JJ100C)
- Planned overtime (EXPD/OT/Planned)
- Call out (EXPD/CALL)
- Standby temporary payments
- Bank Holiday Payments Form
- Sleeping-in duties (S56/85P - JJ192)