Our liability insurance is held with Zurich Municipal. Our policy number is: QLA-11U007-0073
We have a combined policy, relating to the wide range of liability claims which could be made against the council, and if the council is found legally liable for incidents leading to a claim, the policy will protect the council.
The cover is arranged in the sections shown below:
- Employer's liability
- Public/products liability
- Libel and slander
- Official's indemnity/professional negligence
The policy not only covers claims made directly against the council, but also other groups, including:
- School governors
- Volunteers assisting the council
- People undertaking work experience of any form
Should you be subject to a claim, you must follow the proper procedure:
- Pass any Letter of Claim or Claims Notifcation Form (CNF) to the insurance team without delay, as it has to be acknowledged the next day. If in doubt as to whether a claim has been received, ask the insurance team for advice – it is likely to refer to loss or injury suffered, and may refer to compensation.
- All relevant information must be provided to the insurance team within 10 working days. Again, if you are unsure seek advice.
- If a member of the public or an employee informs you that they want to make a compensation claim against the council, they will need to complete a Public Liability claim form or a Third Party Property Damage claim form, depending on the type of claim.
Further information regarding liability insurance can be found in our Insurance Handbook.
There is also a Frequently Asked Questions document specifically relating to liability insurance, and the team has also prepared a case study to help to guide you.
For more information contact email@example.com