Qualified First Aiders are needed to help members of staff, tenants and the visiting public during normal working hours and to cover at all other times. First Aiders are paid an additional allowance by the council.
If you would like to become a First Aider, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Aiders must agree, and have approval from their line manager, to:
- take a four-day office absence for Health and Safety Executive-approved training course, funded corporately
- receive an allowance, reviewed annually to take account of inflation
- automatically become part of the Civic Offices Emergency Team (COET), where training will be given
- attend six monthly meetings to talk about procedures, updates and concerns the team may have
- receive training in the use of the defibrillator every six months
- be included on the First Aider rota. On your day of duty you need to:
- be in the office from Mondays to Thursdays 8.30am - 5.15pm , and Fridays 8.30am - 4.15pm
- carry the First Aid bag and radio at all times
- ensure you have cover should it be necessary to leave the building.
- report to facilties management when contents of the First Aid bag, or your own first aid boxes, need replacing.