Coronavirus: council service information and advice
Information about changes to council services as a result of coronavirus
Working with the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Local Resilience Forum, we are developing a traffic management plan to deal with extra freight vehicles travelling to the port. This should reduce the impact on local roads in the area. To keep your journeys running smoothly when you travel in and around Portsmouth, there are a few things to note:
- At certain times, we are expecting the M275 area of the city will be busier than normal so if you need to travel in this area, plan your journey and allow more time.
- For drivers' safety we will be reducing the speed limit to 40mph on part of the M275, while the special arrangements for lorries are in place.
- Vehicle signs on the motorway will direct lorries going to the EU. All other vehicles including vehicle passengers for Brittany or Condor ferries should follow signs/routes as normal.
- The Park & Ride is open as normal and its route will not be affected. However, some journey times may change.
- Plan your journey in advance, use different travel options where possible and leave extra time.
- Follow Portsmouth Roads on Twitter for daily updates and traffic news.