Pay rate - £8.62 per hour plus holiday pay.
Job type/hours - part-time (25-30 Hours per week) from approximately 4:30pm onwards. Monday to Friday.
Start date - end of August
Interview - week commencing 23 July 2018
What is the job?
- Carry out the necessary cleaning tasks to ensure that all areas are safe, clean and tidy.
- Work in an effective and efficient way, and suggest and implement improved ways of working wherever possible.
- Observe all Health and safety rules and take reasonable care to promote the health and safety of themselves and others.
- Act in a way that supports and promotes Portsmouth City Council's Equal Opportunities policy, which aims to ensure everyone has equal treatment and equal access to employment and services.
Who are we looking for?
You need to:
- Be self-motivated to work on your own and carryout your tasks.
- Be able to plan and manage your time effectively to make certain your tasks are completed efficiently, to meet the purpose of keeping the local area clean and tidy.
- Be able to use tools and machinery required for the role (where applicable).
- Be aware of Health and Safety requirements, hazardous material etc.
- Work as part of a team and be flexible to provide cover in other areas when required.