Teacher of Art (Suitable for NQTs)
Salary £25,750 - £39,964
Closing Date: Friday 26th April 2019
Interviews Week Commencing 29th April 2019
We are a growing school and are looking to expand our creative, dynamic and supportive team of teachers.
We place great importance on the arts, being very aware of the impact they can have in developing confident, creative, critical thinkers as part of a broad and balanced curriculum. This is why we are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Teacher of Art to build on the success of our already committed team.
Ofsted April 2017 – The Portsmouth Academy is a GOOD school with OUTSTANDING leadership and management.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is in the top 10 Multi Academy Trusts for KS4 progress
We require a Teacher of Art to start at The Portsmouth Academy from September 2019. We became a co-educational establishment from September 2017. Our aim is to transform the life chances of our pupils through our motto of ‘Aspire and Achieve’.
The good behaviour of our students, and collegiate atmosphere amongst staff, makes the Academy a wonderful place to work. We are part of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust, an expanding family of primary and secondary schools within the Portsmouth area and have recently achieved fully accredited Thinking School status from the University of Exeter.
We have also recently been awarded a £5.3million pound investment for expansion. This will include a brand new building where art will be housed. The building will include state of the art facilities which will also allow us to deliver ceramics from September 2020.
View our latest video to gain an insight into The Portsmouth Academy and The Thinking Schools Academy Trust:-
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a qualified Art Teacher who consistently delivers good to outstanding practice
- Be experienced in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum
- Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to Art
- Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for the subject
- Be able to motivate his/her pupils
- Be committed to high standards for both staff and students
- Be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the Academy
- Have excellent knowledge/experience of teaching Art
What we can offer you:
- An excellent environment for learning and teaching. The Portsmouth Academy has undergone major refurbishment and a further building phase will commence in 2019 including a state of the art new building with fantastic facilities to house, art music and drama.
- We place a strong emphasis on “Wellbeing for Staff” here at The Portsmouth Academy and were proud to receive the Wellbeing award at the recent Teach Portsmouth Awards. Our Wellbeing strategy consists of regular opportunities to participate in on site activities such as Pilates, Ceramics and Football each week.
- Progress is significantly above the national average in a range of subjects.
- Teachers are provided with above 10% PPA and they are designated allocated marking time.
- With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
- The Academy operates a very clear behaviour structure and pupil’s conduct in lessons and around the school is excellent. – Ofsted 2017
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding practice through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- We work closely with Teach Portsmouth,The Portsmouth Education Partnershipand Portsmouth Teaching Schools Alliance
- The Trust holds regular CPD events.
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas.
- Onsite parking free of charge.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
If you would like to visit the Academy please contact Sue Wood Executive PA on 02392 812822.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.