Salary - £25,750 to £39,964
Closing date - Wednesday 23rd January 2019 (Noon)
Interview date - Wednesday 30th January 2019
Ofsted April 2017 – The Portsmouth Academy is a GOOD school with OUTSTANDING leadership and management.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is the best performing Multi Academy Trust for KS4 progress
We require a Teacher of Art to start at The Portsmouth Academy from Easter 2019. We became a co-educational establishment from September 2017. Our aim is to transform the life chances of our pupils through our motto of ‘Aspire and Achieve’.
The good behaviour of our students, and collegiate atmosphere amongst staff, makes the Academy a wonderful place to work. We are part of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust, an expanding family of primary and secondary schools within the Portsmouth area and have recently achieved fully accredited Thinking School status from the University of Exeter.
We have also recently been awarded a £5.3million pound investment for expansion. This will include a brand new building where art will be housed. The building will include state of the art facilities which will also allow us to deliver ceramics from September 2020.
View our latest video to gain an insight into The Portsmouth Academy and The Thinking Schools Academy Trust:-
We can offer you:
- Minimum starting salary £25,750 for all NQTs
- Revised Teacher Pay Scale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- A fun, hardworking and welcoming team who enjoy supporting each other
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Access to the New Horizons Teaching Alliance, offering a wide range of robust and innovatory development resources and expertise
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Onsite parking free of charge
- We are looking to recruit a talented and enthusiastic Teacher of Art
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a qualified Art Teacher who consistently delivers good to outstanding practice
- Be experienced in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum
- Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to Art
- Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for the subject
- Be able to motivate his/her pupils
- Be committed to high standards for both staff and students
- Be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the Academy
- Have excellent knowledge/experience of teaching Art
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
If you would like to apply for this position, please do so via the following link
If you would like to visit the Academy please contact Sue Wood Executive PA on 02392 812822.
The Portsmouth Academy is also recruiting Heads of Year. If you are interested in applying for this position please ensure this is clearly stated on your application.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.