Salary - £25,750- £39,964 (FTE) - Autumn Term 2019
Closing date - Friday 26th April 2019
Interviews - 8th May 2019
We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed and effective teacher to join our friendly, supportive team in Year 1.
We are looking for an enthusiastic KS1 teacher to work within The Thinking Schools Academy Trust's Portsmouth Schools. Initially you will be required to work at Penhale Infant School for the Autumn and Spring Terms 2019/2020, to cover maternity leave for a Year 1 class which will commence from Wednesday 4th September 2019. You will then have the opportunity to work at other Portsmouth schools within the Thinking Schools Academy Trust. This role is suitable for a Newly Qualified Teacher.
Penhale Infant School is a three form entry infant school for children aged 4-7. In addition to this we have a 50 place nursery.
The school has nine large, bright classrooms as well as a purpose built nursery all of which are resourced to a high standard. We have a well-equipped library, two large halls and our Rainbow room, used to support pupils across the school. We have recently redeveloped our playground area, which also includes a pond and wildlife area, as well as our foundation stage outside area.
We are proud to be a part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, a family of schools that work together to “improve the life chances” of all our children and young people. We share a common mission to nurture all children to be successful, confident and can think and act independently. Our cognitive approach to education defines us but does not create a “one size fits all” or an “academy-way of doing”.
Each member of the TSAT family is equally as important and shares a direction and ethos. We believe that we are simply stronger together.
Child First, Aspire, Challenge, Achieve
What you will need to succeed:
- You will have QTS and recent experience of working within a Primary setting.
- You will have excellent classroom practice along with high expectations for achievements and behaviour.
- You will be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum.
- You will be dedicated to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
- You will be passionate about teaching and learning
- You will have strong interpersonal skills.
What we can offer you:
£25,750 starting wage for all NQTs
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teaching
- Children and parents who will welcome you and appreciate all of your hard work
- Support from a vast network of senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our trust
- Regular opportunity to meet and share best practice with the other schools within our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning - proven to enhance classroom practice
- Team of friendly, dedicated and hardworking staff and governors
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged, to arrange a mutually convenient appointment please contact the school office on 023 9282 1016.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should a suitable candidate be found. To apply for this role please visit the following link https://www.eteach.com/job/ks1-teacher-1037095?lang=en-GB&frmsrh=Y
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS Disclosure at Enhanced Level will be required prior to any offer of employment.