Classroom Teacher (Suitable for NQT)
Salary: T Scale £25,750 - £39,964 - Permanent
Closing Date: Tuesday 23rd April 2019
Interview Date: Week Commencing 6th May 2019
Start Date September 2019
“A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO WORK IN A GROWING SCHOOL WHERE NO DAY IS THE SAME”
We are an Ofsted rated “GOOD” school – November 2017.
We are looking for someone who has the drive, passion and skills to work as a Classroom Teacher at our large five form entry, Junior School based in Portsmouth. We are a vibrant school with 476 pupils on roll. At our school, we are very proud to have a diverse school community in which many languages, cultures and religions learn together.
Newbridge is a very caring and forward thinking, we invest in our staff and use coaching and mentoring to develop skills and expertise. We pride ourselves on providing a safe, stimulating, challenging and caring environment where children can develop intellectually, physically, emotionally and socially to be prepared for their future lives.
We can offer you:
- £25,750 starting wage for all NQTs
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teaching
- Children and parents who will welcome you and appreciate all of your hard work
- Support from a vast network of senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our trust
- Regular opportunity to meet and share best practice with the other schools within our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning - proven to enhance classroom practice
- Team of friendly, dedicated and hardworking staff and governors
- Outstanding CPD opportunities, we work closely with the Portsmouth Teaching School Alliance and ensure staff receive support tailored to the stage they are at in their career
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you will need to succeed:
- QTS and excellent knowledge / experience of teaching
- Dedicated to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
- Passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and interpersonal skills
- Good or Outstanding practice, along with high expectations for yourself and the children
As part of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we benefit from working cohesively as a family of schools for the benefit of our children, and for the adults who work here too. TSAT supports with planning, trips, events, CPD and much more to ensure that all of our teachers are fully supported, enabling them to ensure that they can deliver the best learning that we can offer.
Our mission is to “transform life chances”; at TSAT we believe education has the power to change lives and children only have one chance to get this right. To ensure all our academies focus on our mission school leaders translated our mission to core values that would be demonstrated and evident in all our Academies:
Child First, Aspire, Challenge, Achieve
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed; please contact the school office on 02392 829424
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
TSAT is committed to safe recruitment procedures and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments to this post are subject to an enhanced DBS check and Children’s Barred List check.
Newbridge Junior School - https://tsatrust.schoolrecruiter.co.uk/o/teacher-chatham
Apply link: https://tsatrust.schoolrecruiter.co.uk/o/teacher-chatham/c/new?source=portsmouth.gov.uk