Salary - £25,750 - £39,964 per annum
Closing date - Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are a growing school and are looking to expand our team!
Ofsted April 2017 – The Portsmouth Academy is a GOOD school with OUTSTANDING leadership and management.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is the best performing Multi Academy Trust for KS4 progress
We require a Teacher of Maths to start at The Portsmouth Academy for Easter 2019 or before. We became a co-educational establishment from September 2017. Our aim is to transform the life chances of our pupils through our motto of ‘Aspire and Achieve’.
The good behaviour of our students, and collegiate atmosphere amongst staff, makes the Academy a wonderful place to work. We are part of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust, an expanding family of primary and secondary schools within the Portsmouth area and have recently achieved fully accredited Thinking School status from the University of Exeter.
View our latest video to gain an insight into The Portsmouth Academy and The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
What we can offer you:
- For NQT’s the TSAT starting salary is £25,750
- An excellent environment for learning and teaching.
- The Portsmouth Academy has undergone major refurbishment and a further building phase will commence in 2019 including a state of the art new building with fantastic facilities to house, art music and drama.
- We place a strong emphasis on “Wellbeing for Staff” here at The Portsmouth Academy and take the importance of Wellbeing extremely seriously. Our Wellbeing strategy consists of regular opportunities to participate in on site activities such as Pilates, Ceramics and Football each week.
- Progress is significantly above the national average in a range of subjects.
- With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
- Teachers are provided with above 10% PPA and they are designated allocated marking time.
- The Academy operates a very clear behaviour structure and pupil’s conduct in lessons and around the school is excellent. – Ofsted 2017
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding practice through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- The Trust holds regular CPD events.
- Access to the New Horizons Teaching Alliance, offering a wide range of robust and innovatory development resources and expertise.
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas.
- Onsite parking free of charge
- What you will need to succeed:
- Be a qualified Maths Teacher
- Be an Ofsted Grade 2 teacher or above
- Be experienced in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum
- Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to Maths
- Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for the subject
- Be able to motivate his/her pupils
- Be committed to high standards for both staff and students
- Be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the Academy
- Have excellent knowledge/experience of teaching Maths
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please click here for a full description of the requirements of this role.
Please follow this link to apply