Salary - Competitive reflecting the leadership responsibilities attached to this position
Start Date: September 2019
Contract /Hours: Permanent
Closing date - Friday 21st June 2019 at noon
An opportunity has arisen for an inspiring and motivational KS2 teacher and leader. We are seeking a highly skilled and knowledgeable upper key stage 2 phase leader who has proven success in this key stage.
You will have responsibility for a KS2 class with leadership time to impact on the quality of teaching, learning and outcomes across upper key stage 2.
Beacon View Primary Academy is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resources, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience of mentoring, coaching or leadership
- Has good knowledge of the National Curriculum, particularly for KS2
- Has excellent time management skills, the ability to prioritise objectively and delegate as appropriate
- Is able to work under pressure
- Will contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the school
We will offer you:
- A friendly, supportive working environment as part of the United Learning Academy Trust
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Active and supportive governors
- Employee benefits such as Perkbox and confidential care support
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged. For any further details, please contact Mrs Paula Tanner, School Business Manager via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check in line with the school’s policy towards safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Beacon View is committed to equal opportunities; we welcome applications regardless of ability, age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation or religion.