Salary - Band 5
Closing Date - 4th September 2019
Contract/Hours - 33.33 hrs per week (fixed term post to end of the current academic year)
Start Date - As soon as possible
Interviews - Week beginning 9th September 2019
Wimborne Schools are good schools that are their journey to outstanding. Our school motto is ‘Reach for the Stars’. We encourage all children to aim high and work hard to achieve all their hopes, dreams and ambitions.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated cover staff to join us as soon as possible. You will work under the guidance of a teacher to deliver planned lessons to a whole class, small group or on a one to one basis. This is a fixed term post to the end of the current academic year, with the possibility that this may become a permanent position.
- have experience of working in a school as a teaching assistant and preferably have some experience of covering classes
- have very high expectations about what children can achieve
- have a calm, positive approach and be resilient and flexible
- have a qualification in English and maths GCSE grade C or higher (or equivalent)
- embrace our ethos of our ‘star’ values
In return we can offer:
- a supportive, friendly and motivated team of staff, who show a passionate commitment to improving learners’ educational experiences
- an engaging and nurturing environment where learners are encouraged to care, support and learn from each other
- fantastic children
- a commitment to providing continuing professional development
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment.
See our website http://www.wimborne-inf.portsmouth.sch.uk/ for more information about our school.
Please e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or deliver your completed application form to the school