Salary - TSAT Support Payscale D £20,045 – £22,561 (FTE)
Hours - 20 hours per week (Flexible)
Closing date - Thursday 22nd November 2018
Interview date - Tuesday 27th November 2018
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a successful family of schools, working together to improve the life chances of all its children and young people. Our Trust currently consists of 16 schools, 11 Primary and 5 Secondary, based across the Portsmouth, Medway and Deal areas.
This position will be based in Portsmouth within the Trust Central offices at Meon Junior School. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a diverse and exciting role!
We are looking for a skilled office administrator who has a can do attitude to join the team in our Portsmouth Hub. But most importantly we are looking to appoint an individual who has the confidence and character to work across all levels staff and fit within the team in the Hub.
You will have the ability to support with marketing administration needs for our Portsmouth schools, including coordinating positive press across the schools and writing articles and letters to feature on School websites. To be able to carry out day to day finance related administrative tasks and be responsible for the administration of our school governors. There may be some occasional clerking responsibilities.
Very occasional evening work may be required in the instance that any clerk to governors for Trust schools are unable to minute governor meetings.
What you will get from The Thinking Schools Academy Trust:
• The opportunity to join a growing organisation during an extremely exciting time
• You will be given a Trust laptop and mobile phone upon commencing the position
• The successful applicant will also have access to the local government pension scheme
• An annual leave entitlement of 26 days, increasing to 30 after 5 years of service.
• A competitive salary
• A fun, hardworking and welcoming team who enjoy supporting each other
• Vast support network from senior leaders within the schools and the Central Trust team
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you will need to succeed:
• Excellent administration skills and office experience
• The ability to prioritise and manage workload to support colleagues
• Hardworking individual
• Quick to learn and motivated to deliver a high level of administration support to our schools and the Central Trust team
• Able to work quickly and efficiently in order to reach the best outcomes at all times
• Good ICT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Confident with meeting new people
• Able to work independently with a can do attitude
• Able to work from your own initiative
• Maintain confidentiality inside and outside of the workplace
• Full driving licence and able to occasionally travel between our schools based in Portsmouth
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
HOW TO APPLY
Please copy and paste the below into your search bar and follow the instructions on the TSAT web page: