Salary - Grade E £25,577- £28,786 (FTE)
Closing date - 16thSeptember 2019
An opportunity has arisen for a Student Support Co-ordinator to join The Portsmouth Academy; one of the most improved schools in the country.
We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. The Academy is focused on providing an education for all children and ensuring that every child has access to the same opportunities, Our belief is that each person is unique – every member of our community has gifts and talents that we seek to grow and channel. Our job is to find and foster these for all. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum geared towards ensuring that our students will be dynamic members of society when they leave the Academy.
As part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we benefit from working cohesively as a family of schools for the benefit of our children, and for the adults who work here too. The Trust supports with planning, trips, events, CPD and much more to ensure that all of our teachers are fully supported, enabling them to ensure that they can deliver the best learning that we can offer. Our mission is to “transform life chances”; at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust we believe education has the power to change lives and children only have one chance to get this right. To ensure all our academies focus on our mission school leaders translated our mission to core values that would be demonstrated and evident in all our Academies:
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Be able to lead and manage the TA team to be an effective force for intervention (both in and outside of class); securing strong progress for SEND and EAL students.
- Ensure an effective programme of support for EAL students and that cultural diversity is championed within the academy.
- Ensure that outcomes for SEND students are in-line with outcomes for non-SEND students including examination outcomes and post-16 destinations.
- Ensure that EAL/SEND students are not disadvantaged by poor attendance to school.
- Act as a lead practitioner and exemplify excellent practice in working with teachers and students; being mindful of need to show growth in personal practice.
- Carry out administrative duties to support the SENCO including student files, linking key documents to SIMS and those relating to exam access arrangements.
- Support the professional development of the team and arrange/deliver training.
- Actively promote the Academy’s Equal Opportunities Policy and observe the standard of conduct which prevents discrimination from taking place.
- Act as point of contact for access to services and programmes for supported students.
What we can offer you:
- An excellent environment for learning and teaching. The Portsmouth Academy has undergone major refurbishment and a further building phase will commence in 2019 including a state of the art new building with fantastic facilities to house, art music and drama.
- We place a strong emphasis on “Wellbeing for Staff” here at The Portsmouth Academy and were proud to receive the Wellbeing award at the recent Teach Portsmouth Awards. Our Wellbeing strategy consists of regular opportunities to participate in on site activities such as Pilates, Ceramics and Football each week.
- Progress is significantly above the national average in a range of subjects.
- With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
- The Academy operates a very clear behaviour structure and pupil’s conduct in lessons and around the school is excellent. – Ofsted 2017
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding practice through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- We work closely with Teach Portsmouth, The Portsmouth Education Partnership and Portsmouth Teaching Schools Alliance.
- The Trust holds regular CPD events
- .A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas.
- Onsite parking free of charge.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found. To apply please follow this link
Visits to the Academy are encouraged.To arrange a visit to the Academy please contact Sue Wood Executive PA on 02392 812822.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.