Salary - TSAT Grade D - £20,045- £22,561 FTE
Closing Date - Wednesday 26th June 2019
Contract - 35 Hours Per -Week Term Time Only
Interview Date - Week Commencing 1st July 2019
Start Date - September 2019
We are a successful and growing school which is looking to expand our team.
It is an exciting time to join The Portsmouth Academy, with work having just begun on our £5.3 million new build.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is the best performing Multi Academy Trust for KS4 progress and was Runner up in the TES ‘ Employer of the Year 2018 Awards'
As and Inclusivity & Equity Lead, you will work alongside the Vice Principal and SENco, helping to ensure that every child is supported to achieve their full potential.
We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. The Academy is focused on providing an education for all children and ensuring that every child has access to the same opportunities, Our belief is that each person is unique – every member of our community has gifts and talents that we seek to grow and channel. Our job is to find and foster these for all. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum geared towards ensuring that our students will be dynamic members of society when they leave the Academy.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Experience of working with Secondary school children is desirable
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to be able to relate well to a wide range of people including pupils, staff, parents and external professionals.
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team whilst being able to demonstrate initiative.
- An understanding of the developmental, emotional, social and educational issues of children and young people.
- Good general standard of education at level 2 or above, including L2 English and Maths
- Good ICT skills
What we can offer you:
- An excellent environment for learning and teaching. The Portsmouth Academy has undergone major refurbishment and a further building phase will commence in 2019 including a state of the art new building with fantastic facilities to house, art music and drama.
- We place a strong emphasis on “Wellbeing for Staff” here at The Portsmouth Academy and were proud to receive the Wellbeing award at the recent Teach Portsmouth Awards. Our Wellbeing strategy consists of regular opportunities to participate in on site activities such as Pilates, Ceramics and Football each week.
- Progress is significantly above the national average in a range of subjects.
- With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
- The Academy operates a very clear behaviour structure and pupil’s conduct in lessons and around the school is excellent. – Ofsted 2017
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding practice through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- We work closely with Teach Portsmouth, The Portsmouth Education Partnership and Portsmouth Teaching Schools Alliance
- The Trust holds regular CPD events.
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas.
- Onsite parking free of charge.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To apply for this role, please follow the link: https://tsatrust.careers.eteach.com/o/inclusivity-equity-lead
Visits to the Academy are encouraged. To arrange a visit to the Academy please contact Sue Wood Executive PA on 02392 812822.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.