Salary - Band 4, FTE £18,441 - £19,619, pro-rata £16,348 – £17,392
Closing date - 9 am Monday 17th June 2019
Interview date - Monday 24th June 2019
Start date - September 2019
St Swithun’s Primary School is an oversubscribed ‘Good’ school. St Swithun’s Sunbeams Preschool, for 3-4-year-olds, is based in the school grounds with full use of the school’s facilities.
We are looking to recruit a Nursery Practitioner (maternity cover), to work 37 hours per week, Monday-Friday, standard school term times only, with a possibility of overtime during school holidays.
- NVQ3 or equivalent?
- Experience as working as part of a team?
- Experience of acting as a Key Person, taking responsibility for the care and education of a group of children?
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Paediatric first aid trained or willing to undertake training
- Be responsible for the all-round care of children, plan and implement activities to support children’s development to cover the six areas of learning
- Communicate effectively and work in partnership with parents and other professionals to respect confidentiality when appropriate
- Maintain accurate developmental records
We can offer:
- Close links with St Swithun’s Catholic Primary School
- A friendly and supportive team with lovely children, practitioners, families, and governors
- A focus on care, guidance, and support for all staff members
- A commitment to providing high-quality professional development
- Local Government Pension Scheme
Visits to the pre-school are strongly encouraged. Please telephone the school office on 023 9282 9339 to arrange a visit or email email@example.com. Please apply using the application form below and submit by email, or post to Sarah Bond, School Business Manager, St Swithun’s Catholic Primary School, Taswell Road, Southsea PO5 2RG.