Salary - Band 3, FTE £18065 - £18441, pro-rata £15149 - £15464
Closing Date - 9am Wednesday 19th June 2019
Start Date - 2nd September 2019
Interview Date - Friday 28th June 2019
St Swithun’s Catholic Primary School is looking to recruit an Admin Assistant/Receptionist to work within the busy front office of this oversubscribed ‘Good’ school.
We are open to part time applicants as well as full time applicants; please state your preference when applying.
Full time working hours will be 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday, term time only
Contract/Hours: Permanent, 35 hours per week, term time only
Salary Details: Band 3, FTE £18065 - £18441, pro-rata £15149 - £15464
Part time working hours will be either 8.30 am – 12.45 pm or 12.45 pm – 5 pm
Contract/Hours: Permanent, 21.25 hours per week, term time only
Salary Details: Band 3, FTE £18065 - £18441, pro-rata £9197 - £9389
We are looking for someone with high standards of written and verbal literacy and IT competence. You never have a boring day when you work in a school and although you can be rushed off your feet, our friendly children, parents and staff make it all worthwhile.
Although it is not essential to have school office experience, we will be expecting you to know how to use, or be able to learn very quickly, IT systems (SIMS, Tucasi, MS Office) and processes that you will be responsible for on a day-to-day basis.
- Well organised, approachable, friendly
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment delivery excellent customer service
- Able to communicate in a warm, professional manner with children, parents and visitors
- Show initiative within school guidelines
- Work under pressure, prioritising workload whilst remaining calm
- Multi-task and manage the demands of a very busy environment
- Deal sensitively and confidentially with people and information
- Manage constant interruptions
- Expected to be a First Aider and administer medicines, training will be provided
- Good sense of humour
- Grade C or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English with a good eye for detail
- Web design experience
- At least 2 years office experience
We can offer:
- A dedicated and motivated business team who strongly believe in team work and building positive relationships across the school
- A focus on care, guidance and support for all staff members
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS disclosure at enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Please telephone the school office on 023 9282 9339 to arrange a visit, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply using the application form and submit by email, or post to Sarah Bond, School Business Manager, St Swithun’s Catholic Primary School, Taswell Road, Southsea PO5 2RG.