Salary - Band 3 - £10,821 to £11,046 (£18,065 to £18,441 FTE)
Closing date - Noon on Friday 22nd November 2019
St George’s Beneficial C of E Primary School is a small, friendly community school where every child is valued.
We are seeking to appoint a motivated, experienced Special Needs Assistant, to work in our school with 1-2 children who have SEND Needs. The start date for the position is mid December/early January 2020.
You must be flexible, adaptive and willing to work in partnership with class teachers and senior leaders in order to provide a safe and secure learning environment for all pupils.
Ideal candidates will:
- Hold NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- Previous experience of working in a school or supporting children’s learning and development
- Have GCSE Maths and English at Grade C and above
- Hold a first aid qualification or be prepared to attend training.
- Be committed to the school’s ethos – skills, goals, belief, success.
- Excellent behaviour management.
- Experienced in using P.A.C.E style strategies.
- A team player who is also able to work individually.
- Have a firm commitment to providing the very best outcomes for our pupils.
- Humour is also required!
The post is for 25 hours per week, Monday to Friday, term time only and is fixed term until 31st August 2020
You will be required to work Monday to Friday between 9 and 3.15pm
Salary is at point 3-4 £18,065 - £18,441 FTE – actual salary £10,821 - £11,046
PLEASE NOTE: This post is linked to pupils with an EHCP and hours may change in line with any adjustment to funding.
The closing date is Friday 22nd November 2019 at 12 noon and interviews will be held on week beginning Wednesday 4th December 2019, references will be obtained prior to interview.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment.
Visits to the schools are welcome.
Please contact Victoria Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 023 9282 2886 to arrange a visit or request an application pack.