Salary - Pay Band 3 £18,065 - £18,441 FTE
Hours - 10 hours per week
Closing date - 30th September 12 noon (successful candidates will be advised of an interview date)
Job start date - As soon as possible (to be agreed with successful applicant)
You will be based in the school and assist in providing a caring, secure environment through individual attention and group activities to facilitate an appropriate range of leisure activities for children between the ages of 4-11.
To supervise pupils in all areas of the club, to give care and first aid to children who are injured or unwell, ensure play equipment is safe and clean and children play together in a structured and secure environment. Assist in the preparation and serving of hot and cold snacks.
We are looking for someone who will:
- To demonstrate that you can work on your own initiative, be part of a team, take instruction and constructive criticism.
- Have energy, enthusiasm and ability to be flexible.
- A commitment to the provision of high quality childcare.
- Creativity to devise new ideas and engage the children in activities
- Be patient, punctual, reliable and trustworthy
- To work within agreed policies, including child protection, behaviour management, Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities as well as adhering to the school’s safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Maintain positive relationships with children, colleagues and parents
- Previous experience of play work
- Interest in the care, learning and development of young children
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Safeguarding and Awareness Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
Visits to the club are welcome. To arrange a visit please contact Cathy Kew (Breakfast and After School Club Supervisor)
Please download and complete the attached application form and return it to Michele Parratt (HR Support Officer):
Alternatively, please contact the school office and ask for an application pack to be sent through the post or come into the school office to collect a pack.
Milton Park Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment