Salary - TSAT Grade E - £24,832 - £28,786 FTE ( Pro-Rata £18,181.39)
Closing Date - Wednesday 24th July 2019
Hours - 32 hours per week. Term time only
Anticipated Start Date - September 2019
“Newbridge Junior School, a place where excellence, effort and happiness are valued equally.”
We are looking to appoint a motivated and experienced Personal Assistant, to provide effective and efficient administrative/secretarial support to the Headteacher of Newbridge Junior School.
The successful candidate will be the first point of contact for the Headteacher’s office, dealing with a variety of internal and external enquiries in a professional manner, using initiative as required. The post-holder will also provide admin support to the School office and ensure that enquiries from parents, students and external parties are dealt with in a timely and courteous fashion.
We are an Ofsted rated “GOOD” school – November 2017.
Newbridge School is a large five form entry, Primary academy based in Portsmouth. We are a vibrant school and we are very proud to have a diverse school community in which many languages, cultures and religions learn together.
Newbridge is a very caring and forward thinking, we invest in our staff and use coaching and mentoring to develop skills and expertise. We pride ourselves on providing a safe, stimulating, challenging and caring environment where children can develop intellectually, physically, emotionally and socially to be prepared for their future lives.
We are proud to be a part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust. A family of schools working to “improve the life chances” of all our children and young people.
Child First, Aspire, Challenge, Achieve
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
(see job description for further details)
- Management of the Headteacher’s diary
- Acting as a first point of contact within the Academy for staff, parents and external stakeholders seeking contact with the Headteacher, maintaining a professional and welcoming manner
- Co-ordination of leadership meeting agendas
- Handling confidential and sensitive matters with discretion
- Providing clerical and administrative support to the Headteacher, including drafting papers/reports/presentations, research and collating information, filing, photocopying, updating the school website and social media pages
- Occasional evening work to minute Governing Body meetings
- Attending and arranging meetings as appropriate
- Providing effective recruitment/HR administration, working in conjunction with the Trust HR team as necessary
- Processing of staff personal details, pay changes and contract variations through the appropriate HR system
- Recording staff absence and producing absence reports maintaining personnel files and the SIMS system, and ensuring that all safeguarding checks for new employees are in place
- What you’ll need to succeed:
- ‘C’ grades or above at GCSE level (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- Prior experience as a Personal Assistant/Secretary to senior management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communication both orally and in writing
- Effective ICT skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Experience of working with children and young people
- Understanding of the educational system and current development
If you would like to apply for this role, please use the link: https://tsatrust.careers.eteach.com/o/pa-to-the-headteacher
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed; please contact the school office on 02392 829424
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.