Salary - Band 3 Point 3
Closing Date - 26th June 2019
Interview Date - 3rd July 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced teaching assistant to be part of the school’s journey and who will work initially in a Reception class for 28.75 hours per week. Fixed term contract. We are seeking a teaching assistant who has the essential skills to work with the class teacher and will be supporting a child with special educational needs in class on a one to one basis. The role will support the emotional, behavioural and learning of an individual pupil. Previous experience of working with pupils who require language and communication, emotional and behavioural support are essential. Previous recent experience of the Early Years Foundation Stage and/or KS1 curriculum, relevant training and supporting children is also preferred.
At Manor Infant School our aim is to: VALUE, INSPIRE and CHALLENGE the individual child in a secure, inclusive learning environment.
The motto of Valued as Individuals, Inspired as Learners permeates our school community and the children are proud to learn the ‘Manor Way’.
We are looking for someone who:
- is resilient, patient, caring and flexible
- Uses initiative and work independently
- Has high expectations of learning
- Has NVQ 3 with GCSE maths and English
- Has energy, enthusiasm and the ability to be flexible
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written.
- An understanding of confidentiality and safeguarding procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure with good time management skills.
- A calm and positive approach.
- Good behaviour management skills
- Is committed to working as part of a cohesive team and work effectively with staff and the children
We can offer you
- Enthusiastic, happy children who are motivated and keen to learn
- A friendly, hardworking and supportive team of staff
- A school in which everyone is encouraged to be valued as Individuals, Inspired as Learners