Reference number - 2756-3399
Location - Portsmouth, Hampshire
Salary - £15,621 p.a. plus 7.5% shift allowance
Job type/hours - Temporary - Full Time
Closing time/date, midnight, on the 22nd of December 2019
Applications received after this may not be considered.
Assessments and Interviews will take place week commencing 6th of January 2020
Location: St Marys Hospital, Portsmouth.
Portsmouth City Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The Portsmouth Rehabilitation and Reablement Team (PRRT) is a multi-disciplinary team comprising of Community Nurses, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers and Rehab Assistants. We provide an Intermediate Care and rehabilitation service in order to maximise independence and to assist with maintaining people in their own homes.
You will be expected and supported to work towards a Level 2 Business Administration Qualification.
What is the role?
- To type clients’ assessments, support plans and other ad-hoc documents on behalf of practitioners, often transforming rough notes into accurately spelled documents, with a professional level of punctuation and grammar.
- To complete data entry and sourcing of data on specialist client databases.
- Ensure that client records meet the needs of statutory reporting to the Department of Health as well as in-house business reporting.
- Maintenance of clients’ electronic files.
- To assist with maintenance of electronic caseload boards.
- Processing referrals and discharges of patients into and out of the service.
- Taking phone calls from clients, clients’ associates and professionals and then recording accurate messages on the client database.
- Issuing documentation to clients and associates.
- Taking minutes of team meetings and client-specific meetings.
- Supporting colleagues with adherence to corporate communications policy.
- Ensuring the team’s office facilities are managed on a day-to-day basis in adherence with data protection/information governance policies/legislation.
- Recording and manipulating various data and producing required statistics, using such applications as Excel.
- Mentoring colleagues in use of IT systems.
- Facilitation of the lone-working policy by recording practitioners’ whereabouts during the course of client visits.
- Other administrative tasks as required by the business and its evolving needs.
- You will be required to work a shift pattern from 8.00am to 8.00pm (early and late shifts), with 1 weekend in 4.
Who is the person?
You need to have:
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills.
- Good level of existing IT skills, with the desire to learn new IT skills on a regular basis, and have the enthusiasm to help implement new IT systems to ensure greater business efficiencies.
- Good level of experience of using Excel, Word and Outlook and the desire to further improve your skills with these applications.
- Some experience of taking business phone calls and recording messages would be advantageous.
- Preferably, but not essentially, you will have the experience of using bespoke databases and understand the implications of recording inaccurate data.
- Be able to type information in an accurate and timely manner.
- An appreciation of data protection and information governance; and the ability to handle sensitive data in an objective and discreet manner.
- Familiarity with the principles of efficient electronic filing would be advantageous.
- Patience and empathy, both with customers on the telephone and with colleagues’ queries.
- Ability to navigate the Internet in an efficient manner.
- Flexibility, including a willingness to cover staff absence in the team and other teams across the city at short notice, and to move, on a temporary or permanent basis, to other locations around the city.
- The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post
- Willingness to learn essential skills of administration and to progress towards independent working.