Reference number - 2731 - 3372
Location - based at Landport Area Office but must be willing to work from any area office if necessary
Salary - Band 5 - £19,619 - £21,256 pro rata (£7,847 - £8,502 p.a.)
Job type/hours - 14.8 hours per week to be worked Monday and Tuesday only - permanent
Closing date - 30th December 2019 at 12:00 midday
The housing service has 7 area housing offices across Portsmouth City and adjoining areas. The offices are the face of the council in these areas and provide customers with a one-stop-shop offering housing services and access to a full range of other council services.
What is the role?
You will be a member of a busy front-line team providing help and support to customers at the Housing Office by phone and in-person. The role includes:-
- Raising repairs to council properties and liaising with our service providers
- Cashiering – taking payments for all PCC departments.
- Taking accurate notice from tenants leaving a council property and ending tenancies.
- Helping tenants with their rent account queries and some housing management queries.
- Management of an area of garages and insurance accounts.
- Understanding the purpose of each service offered by housing and using systems thinking principles when making decisions.
- Helping customers access all housing services and other council departments.
Who is the person?
You need to:
- Have current customer service experience preferably through dealing with members of the public by telephone and in-person.
2. Have good communication skills and the ability to deal with a wide variety of customers. The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
3. Be well organised, able to prioritise tasks and manage your own workload
4. Able to work as part of a team to ensure a smooth delivery of the service and be flexible in being able to adapt to the needs of the team.
5. Be numerate and able to handle money accurately and have current cashiering experience.
6. Have a positive attitude towards work and actively work with your colleagues to improve the service offered to customers
7. Have experience using computers. Training will be given on the specific systems used in Housing.
8. Have an awareness and understanding of the Data Protection Policy as you will be dealing with confidential information.
9. Be able to work from any of the 7 area offices when required.
Please do not send a CV, instead we would like you to demonstrate with examples how you meet the 9 points above.
Please see the full job profile attached below.