Reference number - 2641 - 3269
Location - Portsmouth
Salary - £50.00 per hour
Job type/hours - Average 2 hours per month
There is no closing date - we will shortlist/interview as & when we receive suitable applications
Portsmouth City Council Housing, Neighbourhoods and Building Service is committed to encouraging residents to work with us to improve services. Part of this is to consult and involve them in key decisions.
The Residents Consortium (RC) is the forum for any city council tenant or leaseholder to give their views and take decisions on key high-level housing issues.
The RC meets monthly on 10 occasions during the year, to be consulted and reach decisions on key housing issues such as:
* Rent and charge levels
* Repairs contracts
* Cleaning and grounds maintenance service
* Response to government consultations
The RC at present meets on the first Thursday of the month at 6pm in Portsmouth city centre.
The council also has a group of elected resident representatives, meeting to discuss some of the issues in more detail. This is called the Consortium Link Group (CLG).
We are looking for a pool of people to chair these meetings in rotation, on a self-employed basis.
To chair meetings of the Residents Consortium
To chair occasional sub-groups of the RC, including the Consortium Link Group.
To ensure that:
* such meetings are conducted in an orderly manner, according to the agreed agenda
* meetings address all the items on the agenda, within reasonable time limits
* there is adequate opportunity for residents to raise relevant questions and discuss relevant issues
* meetings are conducted with equal opportunity to all and that the non-political nature of the meetings is respected
To be familiar with the agenda for meetings and the minutes of the previous meeting.
To enter into occasional correspondence with residents and / or officers.
This opportunity is not open to PCC residents, staff or Members due to the requirement to be independent.
For an informal chat or if you have any questions please call Heidi Golder (Resident Engagement Team Leader) on 023 9268 8225.