Reference number - 2629-3251
Location - Portsmouth, Hampshire
Salary - £15,621 p.a.
Job type/hours - Termporary - Full time
Closing date - midnight, on the 29th of September 2019
Applications received after this may not be considered.
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship (Level 2) Business Administration for 12 months
Possible start date 28 October 2019
As a service we take pride in our work by valuing others, focusing on what's important so that we make a real and positive difference.
Our values are outlined in our Ways of Working and our Guiding Principles and if they reflect how you are and how you work then this could be the role that meets your expectations.
What is the role?
Under the supervision of the Enterprise Centres Manager providing reception and secretarial services at both The Portsmouth Enterprise Centre & The Challenge Enterprise Centre in support of the objectives of the City Council’s economic development policies.
You will be based on the reception desk and duties will include:
- Meeting and greeting customers to the Centre including prospective new tenants, visitors to the centre, Council Members, officers and other business support organisations, ensuring enquiries and actions are progressed efficiently and effectively.
- Provide reception and secretarial support services for the centre, dealing with telephone enquiries, general queries, meeting room hire bookings, typing including responding to written correspondence as well as producing reports and other information, use of office equipment, printing and photocopying, maintenance of electronic and paper filing systems and incoming/outgoing postal service.
- Learning how to deal with financial matters, including monitoring of budgetary commitments, creating tenant invoices, handling payments, petty cash, ordering of supplies and payment of supplier invoices.
- Assist in achieving the efficient and effective operation of the communal facilities in the centre, helping to monitor and organise repairs/maintenance, assisting with the supervision of contractors and services including cleaning, and making any necessary arrangements / adjustments.
- Working with the Enterprise Centres Manager to ensure tenants meet the terms of their license agreements, monitor the centre's occupancy levels, assist with negotiations with new and old tenants when a change in occupancy occurs.
- Under the direction of the Enterprise Centres Manager liaise with relevant PCC departments, contractors, suppliers and the local business community.
- Assist with all necessary day to day routines such as opening and closing of premises, use of security alarms and fire-fighting equipment and procedures regarding emergency evacuation of the buildings.
- With guidance from the Centre Manager take a key role in the Enterprise Centres communications to internal businesses within the centres and to the wider local business community using various social media platforms - Linked In, Twitter, Hootsuite and Facebook.
You will be required to work flexibly and to provide cover for other members of staff for sickness and holidays as required.
There will be times when you are working on reception on your own.
Who is the person?
You need to have:
- GCSEs in maths and English or equivalent.
- Ideally some experience of administration and reception work
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, access, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Good literacy and numeracy skills - you will be required to produce written work to a high level of accuracy
- Ability to prioritise your workload in line with requirements
- Some knowledge/experience of premises management would be an advantage
- Ability to research and collate information
- Attention to detail
- Some knowledge/experience of social media platforms
- An understanding of confidentiality and data protection (GDPR)
- Ability to work over two sites, both located on Hilsea Industrial Estate
- A level-headed common sense approach
- The ability to work flexibly as part of a team
- Ability to work on your own and to use your initiative
- Approachable yet firm
- A confident communicator, able to deal with a wide range of people and personalities