Reference number - 2622/3257
Location - Civic Offices, Guildhall Square, Portsmouth
Salary - Band 8 £28,785-£31,370 (£17,271-£18,822)
Job type/hours - 22.2 hours per week/Fixed Term Contract/Secondment 1 Year
Closing date - 17th September
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Recruitment Officer to join the HR, Legal and Performance team at Portsmouth City Council. In this newly created role you will report directly to the HR Manager and work collaboratively with other local authorities.
The role of Recruitment Officer will be responsible for assisting the council in maintaining its strong commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant demonstrated by its Gold Standard. The scheme encompasses bronze, silver and gold awards for employer organisations that pledge, demonstrate or advocate support to defence and the armed forces community, and align their values with the Armed Forces Covenant.
This is a part time position for 3 days per week based at the Civic Offices in Portsmouth.
The council are proud of the gold award obtained in 2018 and you will play a pivotal part in implementing its sustainability strategy.
You will need to be able to work autonomously and without direction, building good working relationships, and co-ordinating with Solent Councils to match individuals to recruitment opportunities and to set up work placements with anyone of the other councils in the partnership within allotted time frames.
Ideally you will have previous experience within a recruitment role, previous experience within the Armed Forces would also be beneficial.
Your New Role
The role of Recruitment Officer is varied and will include:-
- Representing Portsmouth City Council at events such as recruitment fairs
- Engaging with current and/or ex-military personnel regarding job opportunities
- Liaising with other Solent Councils to discuss suitable opportunities
- Arranging meeting with industry experts to explore opportunities
- Advise candidates of the range of options available to them
What you'll need to succeed
Knowledge of the following is required:
- Previous experience in a Recruitment role or similar
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing to travel to various sites and attend events in the South of England representing Portsmouth City Council
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you'll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
Please see the full job profile below.