Reference number - 2547-3144
Location - Portsmouth, Hampshire
Salary - £15,621
Apprenticeship Band: A Level 2 Business Administration
Job type/hours - Temporary - Full time
Closing time/date, 17:00, on the 25th of July 2019
Applications received after this may not be considered.
Hours per week: 37 (Mon - Thurs 8:30am to 16:30pm) (Fri 8:30am - 16:00pm)
The expectation is that the centre will be closed for approximately 1 week per year and staff will be required to take this as part of their annual leave (excluding statutory holidays / usual non-working days).
Reporting to: MIS & Admin Officer
What is the role?
Working on the main reception area at The Learning Place you will be first point of contact for all visitors to the centre.
The job is varied and involves working in a very busy environment. Your duties will include:
- Meeting and greeting centre users in a friendly manner, answering telephone and email enquiries, providing information.
- Enrolling learners on courses, creating and maintaining learner records on the service’s web-based Management Information System.
- Cash handling, particularly course fees and processing all financial transactions via the PIMS e-payments system
- Daily set up, close down and maintenance of the self-service cafe.
- Supporting the centre, preparing rooms for use (this involves moving tables and chairs).
- Maintaining displays and information in the reception and general maintenance such as keeping the area tidy.
- Routine administrative tasks such as word processing, data entry, filing/archiving.
- Supporting the day to day operational running of the centre including being required to unlock and lock the centre in the absence of colleagues.
- Some limited decision making within a set of guidance notes, for example, to resolve an issue, dealing with a late arrival or absence of a tutor (note; a senior colleague will be available to cover any immediate, more serious issues).
You will be working as part of an administration and support team that will be required to cover centre opening hours
Who is the person?
- Have excellent customer service skills to welcome and engage centre users.
- Have excellent communication skills able to manage a range of queries; face to face, over the telephone and by email.
- Be an excellent team player; flexible, adaptable and willing to help out as required.
- Demonstrate a good level of literacy as you will be required to maintain written communications with learners and stakeholders and draft messages in email
- Demonstrate a good level of maths as you will be required to handle fee payments
- Have good organisational skills
- Have a good level of IT skills, and be a competent user of Microsoft Office. You will be required to access and use databases and spreadsheets, draft correspondence, and use web based enrolment systems.
- Demonstrate an enthusiasm for lifelong learning, and be willing to develop your own skills and interests.
Portsmouth City Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of 'adults at risk', children & young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
DBS Disclosure at Basic level will be required prior to any offer of employment and this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.