Reference number - 2545 - 3142
Location - Portsmouth
Salary - Band 3 £18,065 - £18,441 pro rata (£7,811 - £7,974 p.a.)
Job type/hours - 16 Hours per week Sat - Sun 09.00am-5.00pm summer, 10.00-4.00pm winter - permanent
Closing date - 24th July 2019
This is a lone working mobile cleaning round cleaning various public convenience sites as directed, and other public convenience duties as required.
What is the role?
- The role is primarily servicing Public Conveniences.
- Shift patterns and hours of attendance may be subject to change to suit the demands of the service and to reflect changes to operating hours as the service grows or contracts
- The role involves carrying out a range of cleaning tasks in order to meet the purpose of the service. This includes but is not limited to; litter-picking, mopping/scrubbing of floors, walls and other hard surfaces; cleaning of windows, dusting and the cleaning of sanitary-ware (WC's Urinals and Bowls/Sinks) including unblocking as necessary. Removal and disposal of drug paraphernalia Inc. syringe needles.
- Replenishing of stock/tissue
- The reporting of repairs and anti-social behaviour issues e.g. finding drug and alcohol paraphernalia, obscene graffiti and vandalism
- The opening/locking of Public Conveniences.
- Providing an attendant service at our attended sites at Clarence Esplanade
- Specialist cleaning, such as steaming, and jet washing and using other mechanical equipment e.g. floor buffing/polishing machines
- Ensuring availability and safe use of the facilities and dealing with or reporting any Health and Safety concerns as they arise
Who is the person?
- You need to hold a full driving licence with no more than penalty 3 points. You will be traveling from site to site using a PCC provided vehicle
- You need to be able to work alone or as a member of a team.
- Cleaning experience would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be given
- You will need to have good communication skills as you will be representing the council and in direct contact with members of the public in what can sometime be challenging situations
- Be flexible and adaptable to change as you may be required to cover different shift patterns and rounds as the service needs, including evenings weekends and bank holidays
- Be physically fit and able to carry out both internal and external cleaning in all weather