Reference number - 2544 - 3141
Location - Portsmouth
Salary - Band 3 £18,065 - £18,441 pro rata (£7,323 - £7,476 p.a.)
Job type/hours - Saturday & Sunday 07.30-15.30 - 15 hours per week but would consider 16 hours per week - permanent
Closing date - 24th July 2019
The purpose of our service is “to help keep the city safe, clean and tidy and provide advice/support when needed”
As a service we take pride in our work by valuing others, focusing on what's important so that we make a real and positive difference. Our values are outlined in our Ways of Working and our Guiding Principles and if they reflect who you are and how you work then this could be the role that meets your expectations.
What is the role?
To empty litter bins in play park areas across the city and Paulsgrove.
Litter pick play parks and play areas across the city and Paulsgrove.
Report any damage to play equipment and report any health and safety issues that affect the play park equipment and open space area.
Dispose of any sharps, drug litter and alcohol litter.
To record any issues with the play parks and open space areas.
Uniform and full training will be supplied
Who is the person?
- To be a motivated, hard-working and conscientious individual who is able to use initiative when necessary and take pride in the work.
- To be a confident and calm person who is able to be diplomatic in challenging situations.
- To be able to make good decisions, take responsibility for actions and learn from any mistakes made.
- To have the ability to converse at ease with customers and colleagues in accurate spoken English.
- To be able to communicate effectively and be a good listener.
- To be flexible and able to adapt to changing work situations.
- To be an honest person with a positive attitude and good work ethic.
8. You must be able to drive a manual vehicle and have less than 6 points on their licence (you must have a full UK driving licence).
9. You must be able to walk and carry bags of waste a minimum of 50 metres and work outside in all weathers
10. You must be able to work on your own
If you feel you are the right person for this job, please apply by telling us how you meet the requirements of the role (points 1-10 above) and any relevant previous experience.