Reference number - 2531 - 3214
Location - Portsmouth
Salary - Band 7 - £24,799 - £28,785 pro rata (£12,399 - £14,392 p.a.)
Job type/hours - Fixed Term Contract/Secondment for 2 years - 18.5 hours per week (hours & times to be discussed)
Closing date - 12:00 midday on 27th August 2019
The assessment/interview process will be a two stage process - first stage 3rd September & second stage 4th September 2019
Portsmouth City Council
At Portsmouth City Council we're all about developing our staff, because we want to build a bigger and better city but we need the best employees to do so.
With a little over 207,000 residents and 7,000 businesses throughout this city, this unitary authority's main goal is to ensure the best care and development of all those within the city. From customer service to Multi-million pound projects, our residents are at the heart of everything we do.
Your New Role
As a Substance Use Practitioner with DASS (Drug & Alcohol Support Service) this role will be providing substance misuse interventions for young people at a Drug & Alcohol Tier 2/3 level.
Work will range from:
- 1:1 assessments and interventions with young people experiencing substance use/misuse concerns
- You will contribute to key multi-agency meetings e.g. Child in Need/Child Protection
- Contribute to networks to support health improvement and local community development
- Targeted session delivery and education (Tier 2) and Recording of data for numbers of young people receiving this support
- Supporting/co-ordinating campaigns and events to ensure young people receive information advice and guidance through both outreach and promotional work
- Delivering targeted sessions within the youth service
- Supporting colleagues offering expert advice and guidance in the youth clubs
- Working with young people and stakeholders to collate their views with regards to substance use services for young people
What you'll need to succeed
Please see the job profile below for details of the person we are looking for. Please make sure when applying, you tailor your application to the 'who is the person' points, with the use of examples as to how you meet each point.
What you'll get in return
As well as highly competitive pay you'll receive all the benefits of working within a local authority organisation, which ranges from flexible working hours to a fantastic pension which allows you the opportunity to pay in more for that greater return. We wish to support all our staffs development throughout, if that’s progression planning or involvement within the on the job apprenticeship scheme we will work together to drive your career. For those with families we have child care benefits as well as discounts with local businesses which can be enjoyed by all.
To make sure your application is above the rest, please review the "Job Profile" to ensure you application matches the requirements of the role.
If you wish to send a CV, please consider a cover letter outlining why you are the perfect candidate for this position.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.
Remember to ensure you tailor your application to the 'who is the person' points of the job profile!