Reference number - 2392-3134
Location - Portsmouth, Hampshire
Salary - £15,894 p.a.
Job type/hours - Temporary - Full Time
Closing time/date: Midnight on the 28th of July 2019
Applications received after this may not be considered.
Selection process: 5th of August 2019
Level 3 Business Administration
What is the purpose of Adult Social care from a service user perspective?
Help me, when I need it, to live the life I want to live.
As a service we take pride in our work by valuing others, focusing on what's important so that we make a real and positive difference. Our values are outlined in our Ways of Working and our Guiding Principles and if they reflect how you are and how you work then this could be the role that meets your expectations.
What is the role?
Are you looking for an exciting and diverse role working within health and social care commissioning for Portsmouth City Council? This is a great career opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills in a busy environment and gain a well-recognised Level 3 Business Administration qualification.
The Contracts Team support Adult Social Care within Portsmouth City Council with their contracting and commissioning activities. The aim of the team is to deliver efficiencies across the service whilst ensuring good provider and contract management is in place.
The post holder will be responsible for supporting the robust contract management strategy for Adult Social Care within the Contracts Team, reporting to the Senior Commissioning Contracts Officer.
The apprentice will support senior colleagues within Adult Social Care and external Stakeholders with the effective management of contracts for commissioned services by working to achieve the following key outcomes -
- Support and maintain contracts for Adult Social Care.
- Maintain provider performance ensuring safe, quality services are commissioned.
- Support senior colleagues with their daily contract management tasks.
The key responsibilities for this role are -
- Supporting colleagues with their procurement processes.
- Monitoring provider performance including support with provider contract review meetings.
- Supporting contract implementation and mobilisation.
- Identification, mitigation and management of commercial risks.
- Identifying any efficiencies or service improvements.
- Responding to internal stakeholders on contract management matters.
- Administrate and arrange meetings upon request from senior colleagues.
- Data collection and evaluation of services.
Who is the person?
You need to have:
- Good organisation skills.
- The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
- Excellent time management skills and be able to prioritise tasks.
- Good IT skills with the ability to use Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- Good telephone manner and customer service skills.
- Personal qualities of being trustworthy, reliable and confident.
- A good work ethic and want to work in a commissioning support role.
- The ability to work within a team and individually.
- A good level of education
If you have any questions, or would like an informal discussion about the role, please call Emma Ralston on 0788 126 1427.
Portsmouth City Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of 'adults at risk', and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Portsmouth City Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment and this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.