Reference number - 2347-2882
Location - Portsmouth, Hampshire
Salary - Band A £15,621 p.a. plus an enhancement for working unsocial hours
Job type/hours - Training Agreement for 12 months - Full Time
Closing time/date, midnight, on the 21st of July 2019
Applications received after this may not be considered.
Assessments & interviews will be on the 30th of July 2019
The Rehabilitation and Reablement Team is based in Adult Social Care, where our statement of purpose is 'Help me, when I need it, to live the life I want to live'. We are in the process of radically transforming the design of our services in order to deliver our purpose for our customers. Leaders and staff at all levels are engaged in this work, to study, redesign, and continuously improve our ability to deliver our purpose
We are ambitious in our plans to deliver innovative and effective services that put the customer at the centre of what we do, working in more flexible ways to understand how we can put the right support in the right place at the right time to help people live the lives they want to live.
As a service we take pride in our work by valuing others, focusing on what's important so that we make a real and positive difference. Our values are outlined in our Ways of Working and our Guiding Principles and if they reflect how you are and how you work then this could be the role that meets your expectations.
What is the role?
Working with the Portsmouth Rehabilitation and Reablement Team, you will deliver a person centred customer service whilst working towards a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Adult Health & Social Care.
This role is ideal for someone looking to take their first steps into a career in Adult Social Care. A positive attitude, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn are essential.
Who we're looking for
- An excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills to develop relationships with people at all levels. With the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English which is essential for this post
- Someone who can engage with service users and a range of professionals in an innovative and creative way.
- Consistent, supportive, proactive and flexible in the way you deliver your support.
- Positive, and energetic and take pride in your and our success.
- Willingness to learn personal care and moving and handling techniques.
- Responsible and accountable for delivery of your personal tasks and outcomes.
- Contribute to and committed to team success.
- A commitment to learn and succeed using reflective practice.
What you will achieve
- 12 months experience of working in the Adult Health & Social Care Services.
- Level 2 Diploma in Care (RQF). This qualification, promoted and valued by employers, is achieved by a combination of direct teaching and self-directed learning.
- Full time - 37 hours per week
- Required to participate in a team rota to cover the period between 7am and 10pm.
- You will be required to undertake some work during the evening and at weekends.
- Allocated time with training provider at their location.
- Individual supervision and support
If you have any questions, or would like an informal discussion about the role, please call Sarah McCully on 0300 123 4021
Portsmouth City Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of 'adults at risk', and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment and this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.