Reference number - 2338 - 2905
Location - Civic Offices, Guildhall Square, Portsmouth
Salary - Band 4 - £18,441 - £19,619 p.a. plus 22% shift enhancement
Job type/hours - 38.5 hours per week - permanent
Closing date - 3rd May 2019
Interview process - 13th & 14th May 2019
Take a look at this opportunity working with the CCTV team.
You will report directly to the CCTV Manager. You will be responsible for the proactive monitoring of the City Council's Public Space Surveillance CCTV cameras located throughout the city.
You will also be responsible for the suite of cameras within various Local Area Housing schemes and community buildings. You will be required to liaise with varying customers who will include other PCC departments and external customers such as police and solicitors.
Your responsibilities will also include the management of the alarm panels within the building, checking the security of the building. You will also be required to manage access to the building as required.
Who is the person?
You need to have:
- Good communication skills both orally and written.
- Be computer literate and have good keyboard skills.
- A good working knowledge of current legislation related to CCTV.
- A friendly and professional approach to engage with internal and external customers.
- Excellent organisation skills to help support the smooth running of the control room.
- A flexible approach that can respond to the needs of the team.
- Assertive and resilient manner when engaging with difficult and challenging situations and people.
- The ability to use your own initiative
- The ability to work under pressure and prioritise accordingly.
Please see the full job profile attached. When applying, please ensure you follow the application instructions and tailor your application to the 'who is the person' points with the use of examples.