Reference number - 1947-2380
Location - Portsmouth
Salary - £15,582 p.a.
Job type/hours - temporary, 37 hours per week
Closing date - 5.00pm Thursday 15 November 2018
IT Apprenticeship - Level 3,
18 Month Contract
What the job is
Working across the IT Service, you will deliver exceptional customer service to Portsmouth City Council staff whilst working towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship as a Unified Communications Technician.
You will act as the first point of contact for minor problems, via telephone calls, walk-ins area, the online portal and email.
This role is ideal for someone looking to take their first steps into a career in IT. A positive attitude, fantastic behaviours and a willingness to learn are essential.
Who we're looking for
- An excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills to develop relationships with people at all levels.
- An innovative and creative individual, who is able to show how their fresh new ideas sets them apart from others.
- Consistent, supportive, proactive and flexible in the way you deliver.
- Positive, and energetic and take pride in your and our success.
- Responsible and accountable for delivery of your personal tasks and outcomes.
- A major contributor, committed to team success.
What you will achieve
- 18 months experience of working in the IT Service.
- Accredited by City & Guilds, you will gain a full Level 3 Apprenticeship as a Unified Commutations Technician.
- Full time - 37 hours per week
- Required to participate in a team rota to cover the period between 8:00am and 6:00pm.
- May be required to undertake some work during the evening or at weekends.
- Allocated time with training provider at their location.
- Your work base will be Civic Offices with some offsite work.