Reference number - 101SW120319_4_1
Location - Fareham
Salary - £18,387 progressing to £20,430
Job type/hours - Permanent Full Time / 37 p/w
Closing date - Tuesday 23rd July 2019
Interviews to be held - 2nd August 2019
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding role where you are able to empower people every day to develop their skills and move towards independence? Do you enjoy working in an environment where every day is different to the next? Then this could be the role for you.
You will be working as part of a team to provide support to our homeless clients. You will love helping others and enjoy supporting individuals to achieve their goals and to become more independent. Your positive attitude towards your work and others will help to contribute to a great working environment. You will have a calm and personable manner and be able to handle potentially difficult situations.
Day in the life of a Support worker:
You will have your own caseload of clients to manage and will work with them on a one to one basis. You will identify their needs by listening to them and put together a support plan which is equally achievable and realistic for them.
- You will encourage their involvement in personal progression in the form of education, training, employment activity or volunteering.
- You will help them improve their practical skills in areas such as budgeting, shopping, cooking and housework.
- You will work with external partners (such as colleges) to maximise the opportunities available to clients so that they can resettle in the community.
- You will be extremely conscientious in areas such as safeguarding and lone working.
- You will help clients to access the benefits they are entitled to claim
- Help to maintain a welcoming, safe environment, identifying and minimising all potential risks to users of the premises and the organisation and property
- Maintain client records using relevant systems to a good standard
- Work in accordance with the Health and Safety regulations and all policies and procedures
- Attend supervision, appraisal, training and meetings as directed which may be outside your normal working pattern
- Work flexibly across all areas of operation where required and prior notice given
- Any other reasonable task as requested by a member of staff
- We are a homeless housing association, offering supported accommodation in Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, Berkshire and West Sussex for those who are homeless, vulnerable or in need of support. We will provide you with a full and enjoyable training plan from the beginning of your journey with us. We are committed to ensuring that you have the tools and the knowledge necessary to do your job effectively.
Choice & Control - We help clients make better life choices putting them in control of their futures.
Openness & Honesty- We positively welcome people with a background of homelessness and value applications of lived experience of homelessness or of accessing support services. Once successful for this role, you will need to provide an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
Equality & Diversity -We are an inclusive organisation, a diverse team of individuals working together to provide a better future for those in need. We do not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or social background.
Attributes & Values
Previous experience in this type of work is not essential but you will have a real passion for wanting to work with homeless people. Your values will match ours, you will be committed to helping others and enjoy the real job satisfaction that this brings.
- Clear verbal and written English
- Good IT and keyboard skills
- Polite, assertive manner, ability to self -motivate
- Passion for working in a client/customer facing role
- Knowledge of the benefits system and tenancy legislation
- Have an interest and genuine concern for homelessness and related issues
- Knowledge of voluntary and statutory agencies
For more information and to apply please use the link: https://recruitment.twosaints.org.uk/VacancyDetails.aspx?VacancyID=792