Location - Crasswell Street, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 1HT
Salary - £ 21,947 fte per annum (pro rata = £2,110)
Job Hours - 7.5 hours per week (fortnightly on Saturdays 9.30am – 5:30pm)
Closing Date - Monday 17th June 2019
Assessments & Interviews - Wednesday 3rd July 2019
An opportunity has arisen for a Child Contact Worker within our charity based in Portsmouth. The Roberts Centre enjoys a reputation for its work with families and children and has achieved national recognition for its high quality services in the areas of Homelessness, Parenting and Childcare.
We are looking for someone to supervise visits between children and their absent family members. The ideal person needs to have a professional qualification with a social care/health/childcare background with excellent communication skills or the desire to train and learn.
You will be working as a team member, in a busy, demanding environment.
It is desirable that you will have:
- A professional qualification or equivalent extensive experience e.g. Social care, Education, Health, NNEB, Child Contact, Youth or Parenting.
- A working knowledge of the Children’s Act
- A commitment to, and an understanding of Equality and Diversity issues
- An awareness of Safeguarding and procedures to follow
- Demonstrable experience of working with children and families
- Directly worked with vulnerable families/people and/or children/young people or families in need
You will be a driven individual who shares our values and who has the passion to help us to improve the lives of Children and Families.
This post is based in the Portsmouth Child Contact Centre.
Successful applicant will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Disclosure (DBS). Disclosure expense will be met by The Roberts Centre.
Please note, we do not accept CVs