Location - St Ronans Road, Southsea, Portsmouth, PO4 0PP
Salary - £16.25 per hour with night, weekend and bank holiday enhancements
Job Type - Permanent
Job Hours - Full-time days must be flexible to cover regular nights
Job Hours/Type Notes - All candidates must have a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Disclosure and Adult First requested at induction, have up to date NMC registration, have relevant elderly care skills, be confident with the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulation 2014 and fluent in English, both written and spoken.
Thinking of a Career in Care of the Elderly?
Don’t miss this opportunity to join our dedicated and caring professional team. St Ronans invests in, and values its staff. We all work together to ensure our residents enjoy a full and happy life.
Who are we?
St Ronans was established over 20 years ago and has been well-lead by the same management team since 2001. The Home has been refurbished and extended and now accommodates 46 residents. We provide both personal and nursing care, specialising in dementia and palliative care. We offer reablement and convalescent, long term and respite, palliative and end of life care.
What is the job?
As a Registered Nurse at St Ronans, you are on the front line of ensuring the home is safe, effective, responsive and well-led. You will promote and restore resident’s health and well-being and collaborate internally and externally to get the best outcomes for our residents. Your strong leadership and management skills will be used to lead the care team and establish and promote a supportive, professional and compassionate environment in the home that lives up to St Ronans’ vision and values.
The main responsibilities are (note this list summarises main responsibilities and is not exhaustive)
- To ensure residents live as independent lives as possible, in line with their needs, wishes and preferences.
- To ensure outstanding care is provided for residents.
- To ensure, maintain and protect residents' privacy and dignity and to encourage residents to remain as independent as possible.
- To manage your work, and those of others, in line with legislative and regulatory standards
- To provide outstanding pastoral care for residents, relatives and friends, providing emotional support when required.
- To be an active member of the mid-level management team at St Ronans, proactively managing your own workload.
- To proactively and positively manage the care team and individuals within it - getting the best outcomes for St Ronans residents and staff.
- To respond to residents' and St Ronans changing needs in a positive way.
- To maintain a professional and friendly attitude to all other staff at all times and work as a positive member of the St Ronans team.
- To follow the policies and procedures of St Ronans at all times.
- To be an outstanding ambassador for St Ronans by embodying the company's values with all internal and external stakeholders, and maintaining a culture of openness and transparency.
All staff receive a complete and comprehensive induction and will be well supported throughout their employment. We are committed to investing in our staff, development of your skills and career progression is at the heart of our highly commended staff development system.
Applicants must be committed to providing quality person-centred care as well as being committed to continual training and self-development and always be wearing a smile!