Reference number - 2465-3082
Location - Portsmouth
Salary - £11.39 (hourly sessional rate)
Job type/hours - casual - 4 hour session to be worked as and when required
Closing date - 5.00pm, 29 July 2019
Portsmouth City Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. It is also committed to promoting quality childcare across the City that works to improve outcomes for children.
DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment and this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Every post is subject to PCC and Portsmouth Safeguarding Children’s Board safer recruitment procedures.
Do you have experience of working with young offenders or young people with behavioural problems and are able to remain calm under pressure.
You will supervise offenders, and make a positive contribution to Portsmouth Youth Offending Team, including assisting with the operational running of the centre and supporting the Junior Attendance Centre Officer in Charge. You will work directly with youth offenders to support rehabilitation whilst ensuring that programme delivery is in accordance with programme content & delivered responsively. In addition you will:
- Deliver sessions on a one to one or via group work as needed, in line with diversity practices & essential skills adaptations.
- Ensure the effective communication of the programme to service users, their parents/carers and staff.
- Carry out reviews with the offenders & collecting information to identify motivation, risk factors & diversity needs.
- Manage practical issues affecting offenders during group sessions.
- Assess and manage risks at work placements & managing the group dynamics.
- Ensure that offenders complete the programme satisfactorily & assisting with the enforcement of orders where they fail to comply in accordance with the National Standards.
- Advise the Junior Attendance Centre Officer in Charge of any improvements & developments which will enhance the efficient, effective & economic operation of the attendance centre.
- Devise strategies to manage groups effectively.
- Ensure the administration such as appropriate offender records are accurate and maintain records for audit purposes.
- Supply incident and accident reports within agreed timescales.
- Challenge any anti-social behaviour and assessing risks
- Write reports for offender and complete evaluations.
For further details on post as well as information on how to apply, please click on the details below.