On this page you will find links to information about getting help with your career. If you're looking for a list of jobs in Portsmouth, return to the careers portal homepage.

Financial advice

While you are looking for work, you can apply for Jobseeker’s Allowance or Universal Credit. To check which of these you can claim, read the information on who must claim Universal Credit.

You should make your claim as soon as possible, because you may have to wait several weeks after you submit your claim for your first benefit payment to be made.

Even if you think you might get back into work quickly, you can still make a claim, and then cancel it once you start work again.