Our Active Travel team will be travelling round the city with our Pedal Portsmouth bike giving information and advice, and various air-quality related goodies. You will be able to find them here:
- Park & Ride terminal (M275): 8am - 10.30am
- Commercial Road (by the fountain): 10.30am - 1.30pm. Here we will be joined by the Bike Doctor team. Mechanics will check your bike and carry out basic repairs for free - to help keep you and your bike on the road.
- London Road (outside Lidl): 11am - 2pm. Pedal Portsmouth team and cycle marking with Hampshire Police.
- Gunwharf Quays (by Patisserie Valerie/Timberland): 2pm - 4pm. Pedal Portsmouth team and cycle marking.
- The Hard Interchange: 2pm - 4pm. Come and speak with staff and explore a new Euro 6 bus (low-emissions). Plus information, advice and ticket give-aways with First Bus and Stagecoach. Our friendly, experienced travel planners
We will be offering a free cycle security-marking service at Commercial Road, Gunwharf Quays and London Road. Bikes will be permanently marked with a unique code, and added to the national Bike Register database. The national database makes it easier for police forces across the county to reunite stolen bikes with their owners. It can also act as a deterrent to would-be thieves as the bike is permanently inscribed, making it more difficult to sell.