New applicants can apply in person at the Civic Offices as soon as they become eligible.
Everyone applying for bus passes needs to bring with them:
- proof that you live in Portsmouth, such as a council tax bill, housing benefit, rent book, electoral registration or utility bill and
- a passport quality colour photograph
Also bring either:
- for an older person's pass - proof of age, such as birth certificate, passport, driving licence or medical card
- for a disabled person's pass proof of disability, such as:
- attendance allowance
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA) with a mobility component
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) where the applicant has been awarded at least 8 points or more for the PIP "Moving Around" and "Communicating Verbally" activities
- award letter for guaranteed income payment for tariff levels 1-8 under the 2005 Armed Forces Compensation Scheme
- Are in receipt of War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement (WPMS) under the War Pensions Scheme (WPS)
- letter from the DVLA giving notice of long term refusal or withdrawal of driving license on medical grounds, (misuse of alcohol or drugs are not included under this scheme)
- a mental health healthcare professional's standard NHS exclusion letter containing their contact details
- blue badge or registration with social care (yellow card)
No other forms of proof are acceptable.
Passes will be posted directly to the applicant, and can take up to ten working days to arrive.