To help keep your bike on the road, we sometimes offer free Bike Doctor clinics providing check-ups and basic repairs to your cycle. Please allow enough time for you bike to be checked, and if required, repaired. Although the Bike Doctor clinics end at 4pm, the mechanics may stop accepting new jobs from 3pm if they are busy. If there isn't enough time to repair your bike you will need to return another day.
Bike Doctor clinics are currently running as follows:
Starting from 4 April 2018, every Wednesday from 10am - 4pm in Commercial Road, Portsmouth (by the fountain).
Every third Monday from 10am - 4pm in Cosham High Street:
- Monday 19 November
- Monday 17 December
- Monday 21 January 2019
- Monday 18 February 2019
We also have additional clinics at Lidl in London Road, North End from 10am - 4pm. The clinics will be held on:
- Monday 26 November
- Monday 3 December
- Monday 10 December
- Monday 4 February 2019
- Monday 11 February 2019
- Monday 25 February 2019
- Monday 4 March 2019
- Monday 11 March 2019
- Monday 25 March 2019
At the Bike Doctor clinics a team of experienced bike mechanics will check everything on your bike from wheels to gears, and brakes to brake lights. Any minor adjustments or basic repairs can be made there and then. If they can't fix it immediately, they will let you know exactly what needs doing and a rough cost.
It's important to keep your bike in good working order. Make sure that:
- it is the correct size for comfort and safety
- both tyres are inflated properly and have good tread
- the chain is oiled and properly adjusted
- all brakes work and the brake pads aren't worn
- reflectors and lights are fitted and working. All bikes must have a rear reflector and pedal reflectors fitted by law, and working front and rear lights during the hours of darkness, so remember to keep them clean!
For further information email email@example.com