Working in local government is rewarding in lots of ways. We're all working together to help keep people well and to make sure we build a city where businesses and individuals alike can prosper.
It's challenging but important work, but we're dedicated to recruiting, retaining and nurturing the right people. Whilst no two roles are quite the same, we offer everyone:
- Enrolment in the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Support for families, including those with caring responsibilities
- Support with sustainable travel, including a cycle to work scheme and season ticket loans for bus, ferry and train
- Discounts with local and national retailers
Read more about the benefits of working with Portsmouth City Council here.
We're defined not just by what we do, but how we do it. Find out more about our guiding principles and ways of working.