Work placements are short-term opportunities to help develop essential key skills needed for many jobs.
In a large organisation such as Portsmouth City Council, work placements are an opportunity to increase your knowledge and gain confidence, and can provide you with a great launch pad to your chosen career.
You will have the opportunity to practice your skills through interesting and varied work, and of course the work placement enhances your CV.
So, if you are of school age, student or a veteran who has recently left the forces, and are looking for a work placement with Portsmouth City Council to gain experience, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email will then be sent to the relevant team and they will contact you if a placement is possible.
Please include the following information:
- Place of study or current employment status
- Area you are interested in experiencing (please do not name multiple areas as we will be unable to place you)
- What are you looking to gain from the placement
- The date you would like to start and finish, as well as the hours per week you would like to work.
If successful you may be asked to participate in an interview, either in person or over the telephone.
Unfortunately if you do not receive a response within 10 working days your request has been unsuccessful.
If we are unable to offer you a placement, you could contact other organisations offering work placements, for example:
- Volunteering - Portsmouth Together
- Other councils in the area e.g. Fareham, Havant, Hampshire
- Vacancies for permanent or temporary work with the council are advertised on our jobs page