Salary - Leadership scale 5-9 (£21,727 to £23,983)
Job type/hours - 0.5fte (2.5 days a week)
Closing date - Monday 26 March 2018
The Harbour School is looking to recruit a SENCO on a permanent basis to start as soon as possible.
Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO)
The successful candidate will become a member of the school’s SLT. Functions of the post involve working with the wider leadership team to provide the following:
- Taking a lead for the strategic direction and development of SEN provision and processes across the school.
- Ensure provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum in accordance with the school’s aims and the curricular policies.
- Develop and enhance the teaching practice of others.
- Facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides learners with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- Contribute to raising standards of learner achievement.
- Share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
- Be a key point of contact for external agencies including mainstream schools and the Local Authority and its support services in relation to SEN at the school.
- To work in partnership with staff from the wider Harbour School as a member of the school’s SLT.
The Harbour School´s a Special School in Portsmouth for learners with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH)and/or Medical Needs. In addition the school provides Alternative Provision and Outreach Services. The Harbour School has been recognised for its innovative and evidence-based approaches and interventions to meet learners’ needs. This post provides an exciting opportunity to join the school’s SLT in the next stages of our developments.
The Harbour School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment.
For an application pack please contact Julia Baldwin, Senior Administrative Officer on 023 9266 5664 (x1102), or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions then please contact Ian Hunkin on 07961 135124.