Salary - Band 5 £18,413 (£8,823 pro rata)
Closing date - Friday 27 April 2018
ST EDMUND’S CATHOLIC SCHOOL, PORTSMOUTH
11-16 Mixed VA School
St Edmund’s is a popular Voluntary Aided secondary school in the heart of Portsmouth and serves a wide area. It is an Outstanding school (Ofsted 2016) serving a diverse population. The Governors are seeking to appoint to the following post for April/May 2018:
Support Officer (Finance)
20 hours per week, 40 weeks per year
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a finance environment and hold relevant financial qualifications; experience of Oracle would be an advantage. Duties to include:
- Operation of the Governors Building Fund and aspects of the School Main Account accounting system.
- Collect, bank and account for monies.
- Processing of requisitions and orders in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Work under own initiative to ensure workload is prioritised and efficiently completed.
- Maintenance of accounts in accordance with sound financial practices.
Completed applications should be returned to:
By Post: c/o Headteacher, St Edmund’s Catholic School, Arundel Street, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 1RX or electronically to Lslight@saintedmunds.org.uk
Please quote Job Reference: SO01 on any application.
Closing date for return of completed applications is
Friday 27th April 2018 although we accept applications prior to this date and candidate interviewed.
The school is committed to safeguarding and the promoting the welfare of children, and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of appointment.